In collaboration with PROJECT ROCKIT, Zoos Victoria and High Resolves, Prince's Trust Australia is excited to announce Achieve Fest, a free, three-day online immersion designed to explore identity, build networks, and develop the skills needed to thrive now and into the future.
Held from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. AEST on 24 - 26 June, Achieve Fest is open to:
- Young people aged 12 to 24 years
- Parents/guardians across Australia
It’s pretty clear that we are entering a time of great economic, social, and environmental change. Research tells us that as we shift into the fourth industrial revolution, young people will need to develop new mindsets, skills, and capabilities to thrive in a rapidly changing world of work.
We know that many young people feel underprepared to transition from school and to make informed career decisions. We know educators have a desire to innovate but often feel hamstrung by systemic pressures and workload. We know parents are concerned their children won’t be able to successfully transition from education to employment.
Clearly, there is a strong case for change, but where do we begin?
Imagine the response if we stopped asking young people what they want to be when they grow up, and started asking what they value, what they enjoy, and what they’re good at? And what if we supported them through an engaging, individualised process that explores these questions while developing enterprise skills and exploring a range of potential career pathways through social action?
In collaboration with workplace learning specialists and in co-design with teachers, students and thought leaders, Prince’s Trust Australia has created Achieve, an inquiry-based framework that engages young people in learning through careers education and enterprise skills development.
How does Achieve Fest help?
- Engage your students in a meaningful alternative to work experience
- Develop a generation of learners that are online, connected and prepared for the fourth industrial revolution while building their general capabilities
- Unlock gateways to career opportunities & build tangible networks
- APST professional learning & certificate of participation
For Young People
- Choose your own tailored learning journey
- Engage in a safe and supportive process that encourages you to dream big and explore a range of career pathways
- Connect and learn from leaders across a range of sectors and life journeys
- Develop essential mindsets, skills, and capabilities and learn useful life hacks that inspire lifelong learning
- Put your skills into play through meaningful social action and real-world application
- Certificate of participation
- Futureproof yourself and your family
- Gain meaningful insights from leading research, best practice learning science, and program design
- Learn tools and techniques to prepare your children to make good career decisions
- Learn useful life hacks and develop skills together with your family