16 Oct Now Hiring: The Prince’s Trust Australia Project Executive
The Prince’s Trust Australia is soliciting applications for a Project Executive until Monday, 6 November 2017.
Please send a completed cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Established in 2013, The Prince’s Trust Australia (P.T.A.) represents the Australian charitable endeavours of His Royal Highness (H.R.H.) The Prince of Wales. His Royal Highness has a long history of social innovation and meaningful involvement with impactful programs. He is a leader in identifying charitable need, setting up and driving forward charities which address these needs.
The Prince’s Trust Australia supports the development and delivery of innovative, high impact projects that align with the charitable interests of H.R.H. Project focus areas include: Health & Wellbeing; The Built Environment; Rural & Regional; Defence Members & Their Families; Young People; Environment & Sustainability; Arts & Culture. The organisation has an Australian board and was established to support the Australian community.
A newly created role, The Prince’s Trust Australia’s Project Executive will support the Trust as it seeks to develop its online and in-person profile, and engagement with, the Australian public on P.T.A.’s vision, mission and activities.
Reporting to P.T.A.’s Manager, the Project Executive will design and implement P.T.A.’s marketing and communications strategy and will be responsible for collaborating with project partners, as applicable, to develop and execute a range of marketing and communications campaigns, as well as managing P.T.A.’s website, social media strategy, continent writing, and supporting fundraising activities and events.
The successful applicant will be self-motivated, with a deep commitment to creating impact collaboratively. The Project Executive must have a high attention to detail and excellent communication, conceptual, written and presentation skills, particularly for producing effective marketing and communications products for diverse audiences, as well as a strong sense of narrative and user experience. The successful applicant will have a proven ability to work on multiple projects and campaigns, with excellent stakeholder management skills and knowledge of the Australian media sector.
The Project Executive must also be comfortable working within a small team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with a diverse portfolio, and the ability to be both strategic and hands-on during periods of high activity.
The successful applicant’s role will include:
- Develop, design and execute social media campaigns and grow P.T.A.’s social media channels
- Maintain and update P.T.A.’s website (WordPress);
- Develop, design and execute P.T.A.’s quarterly newsletter and The Prince’s Lead Your Own Business Program alumni newsletter
- Work with the Manager to execute P.T.A.’s marketing and communications strategy and develop campaigns (short and long term) across P.T.A.’s project portfolios in collaboration with P.T.A.’s project partners. This may include graphic design, photography and videography and monitoring appropriate use of P.T.A.’s brand guidelines.
- Work with P.T.A.’s Manager to develop P.T.A.’s media profile and engagement with key media partners, draft responses to reactive media requests, and prepare media releases, as applicable;
- Support the Chief Executive to develop presentations, documents and/or speeches for stakeholder engagement;
- Supporting the Manager to coordinate design and print of P.T.A.’s Year in Review and project PR collateral;
- Support the Manager to identify corporate sponsorship opportunities and implement P.T.A.’s fundraising activities;
- Produce regular reports on P.T.A.’s traditional and digital engagement, utilizing analytics and SEM/SEO as appropriate;
- Event management for P.T.A. projects and fundraising activities;
- Develop P.T.A.’s contact management system;
- Provide administrative support to the organisation and P.T.A. Management team, including data entry and financial reporting in support of governance and operational requirements;
- Liaising with marketing and communications teams at The Prince’s Trust U.K. to promote key messages and support campaigns;
- Manage digital suppliers, as necessary and serve as P.T.A.’s digital champion;
- Support the Manager to execute P.T.A.’s flagship initiative, The Prince’s Lead Your Own Business Program;
- Research topics of interest to the organisation; and
- Provide miscellaneous support P.T.A.’s Chief Executive and Manager, as required
The role will also require the applicant work outside of regular business hours to attend events and participate in international teleconferences and travel.
Preferred Qualification: Bachelor or Masters in Business Administration, Marketing, Journalism, Communications or similar discipline.
3 – 5 years’ experience in successful campaign delivery will be highly sought after, as well as knowledge and interest in the not-for-profit sector, start-up, media and/or social enterprise environment. Multi-sector experience would also be well regarded including across sustainability and the environment; art and culture; health and wellbeing.
The successful applicant’s skills will need to include:
- Communication – development and successful delivery of internal and external reports; media releases; e-newsletters;
- Marketing & Digital – social media management and analytics; WordPress and website content development and management;
- Design – Adobe Creative Cloud; basic photography, graphic design and videography
- Microsoft Office – highly proficient in Word; Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strong Inter-personal skills and attention to detail in all communications;
- Management of office files (analogue and digital);
- Event management skills;
- Research skills; and
The Project Executive is a full time role, usually Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The role will also come with commitments required outside of regular working hours including teleconferences, events and travel.
Salary to be discussed. Staff are also provided with a $50 per month phone contribution and support for fringe benefit tax (FBT) claims is also included in the package up to a $15,000 limit based on receipts received for expenditure.
After a successful three month trial period the role will become a full-time contract role.