Annabelle Chauncy OAM is the Founding Director and CEO of School for Life Foundation (SFL). Annabelle is a dynamic leader and social entrepreneur who started a multi-national NGO from scratch at the age of 21, with operations in both Australia and Uganda. Over the past 10 years she has built a team of more than 120 staff, built 3 schools in rural Uganda that provide quality education to 1000 students and outreach to more than 2000 people. Annabelle knows how to drive effective change in Australia and Uganda, navigating fast growth developing a national brand and engaging thousands of supporters to raise more than $6M in 5 years.
Annabelle has overcome huge barriers including running two high performing businesses in different continents, cultural and gender biases, shifting mindsets, driving change and innovation, engaging staff, building teams and raising capital. She now moves her business forward to focus on sustainability, driving innovative strategies to create businesses to underpin her charity's growing operational budget, and ensure the foundation isn't reliant solely on donations.
Annabelle is the recipient of numerous awards, including:
• The Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) in 2015.
• Sydney University Alumni of the Year for Service to Humanity in 2016.
• NSW Young Woman of the Year in 2015.
• A finalist in the Audi In Style 'Women of Style' Charity category in 2016.
• Women of the Future Award - Australian Women’s Weekly and Qantas in 2014.
• Paul Harris Fellow awarded by Rotary International in 2014
• A finalist in 2 categories of the NSW Telstra Businesswomen's Awards 2013 for Business Innovation and Young Businesswoman.