Data Decisions: Embedding wellbeing science in schools
Data Decisions is a scenario-based workshop delivered online and led by young people that will activate decision-making skills and support students to: design ethical decisions, responses and strategies based on data provided throughout the day.
Using big data insights, statistical analysis, and best practice program design, Prince’s Trust Australia pairs up with a range of research-focused organisations to bring you Data Decisions, a groundbreaking initiative that positions young people as experts to create solutions to the most pressing challenges that they are facing.
Data Decisions brings together students from across Australia that are not in formalised leadership positions – this is a chance for young people who may not have a voice to be heard.
Teachers will benefit from:
- Building ethical capabilities of students
- Understand how data and surveys are used by partners to build skills and capabilities
- Provide an opportunity for underrepresented students to be heard and design solutions to challenges that impact them.
Students will benefit from:
- Shared connections and experiences with young people from other schools
- Gain an understanding and trust in the process and decision making
- Potential to influence their peers
- Safe and supportive space to explore solutions
- Certificate of participation
In order to participate, schools must be able to:
- Nominate a point of contact to liaise with Prince's Trust Australia prior to the workshop
- Organise a supervising teacher to accompany students during the workshop (This can be the same as the point of contact)
- Organise a physical space for students to participate in the workshop
- Arrange for a teacher to support students and actively participate during the workshop
- Select appropriate students that will benefit from participating in this workshop
- Organise any required parental consent or permission forms for students to attend
Spots are limited so if you are interested in taking part in this exciting initiative, click here to register your interest NOW!