Research tells us that we are shifting into the 4th industrial revolution and that young people will need to develop new mindsets, skills and capabilities as they transition into a rapidly changing world of work. We support young Australians to transform their lives by engaging them in life long learning. We do this through relevant career pathways education and by preparing them with a portfolio of enterprise skills and capabilities required to thrive in an ever-changing environment.
With the support of DeakinCo. and in co design with teachers, students and thought leaders, we have created Achieve; an inquiry-based framework that engages young people in learning through careers education and enterprise skills development. These include:
Problem Solving Global Citizenship
Critical Thinking Self-Management
Digital Literacy Professional Ethics
Emotional Judgement Communication
Achieve is designed to
- Provide simple solutions to address a variety of challenges that young people and education institutions are facing
- Adapt to any school or education setting
- Enable and amplify existing programs, campaigns and initiatives within schools and communities
- Develop enterprise mindsets, skills and capabilities
- Be flexible in its approach and delivered across age groups 11 - 17
- Enable educators to support learning without adding additional pressure to their existing workload.
Achieve is fully subsidised thanks to support from our generous patrons. Prince's Trust Australia provides all resources, training and support required to deliver Achieve. The program has 4 key components:
Who I am: A foundation block underpinned in research that spark ideas for participants to explore their interests and how they connect to potential career pathways
The Twenties: An ever-evolving set of twenty-minute micro learnings that develop enterprise skills and grow in complexity
TAKE Action: Aligning with a range of established local and global organistions to work alongside them through existing social action campaigns and work experience opportunities
MAKE Action: A choice block to start something new using refined and defined skills.
We are piloting Achieve across Victorian schools and community organisations in 2019 with expansion to other areas out in 2020. Want to find out more? Contact us via email.