GET INTO PILOT PROGRAM
In 2017, The Prince’s Trust UK supported over 60,000 young people aged 11-30. This was achieved by offering a suite of programs that transform young lives by developing the confidence and skills to live, learn and earn. In the same year, The Prince’s Trust Australia launched its first youth pilot program, Get Into – working with employers across hospitality, retail, construction and logistics. Designed for 16 to 30-year-olds, Get Into is a short vocational program that develops young people’s enterprise skills as well as sector specific technical skills required to enter the workforce. Get Into offers young people practical work experiences, mentorship opportunities and guaranteed interviews for open entry-level jobs.
The Prince's Trust Australia in partnership with The Princes Trust International and employment, training and youth services not-for profit SYC, delivered the first five pilot programs in Adelaide. These included: Get Into Childcare with Hassel Group and Nanny S.A.; two Get Into Retail programs with the Peregrine Corporation and On The Run retail outlets; Get Into Social Care with E.H.C.; and Get Into Traffic Management with Altus Traffic and Civil Train.
Building on our success in 2017, The Prince's Trust Australia will increase its national impact by:
- Expand Get Into across the country and increase the number of employers and participants that take part in Get Into programs
- Pilot Achieve; a program that supports young people to re-engage and succeed with education; improving attendance, behaviour and attainment.
- Pilot TEAM; a 12 week high-impact pre-employment program, supporting personal development and the journey into the world of work.
**Please note: Achieve and TEAM program models are currently being delivered in the UK. For further information about Prince’s Trust Australia’s Young People programs, please email us.
WHAT DOES GET INTO OFFER YOUNG PEOPLE?
- New skills and practical work experience in a specific sector
- Where relevant, appropriate accreditation
- Employability skills, such as CV writing and interview experience
- Development of soft skills, including teamwork and communication
- A final celebration where they gain recognition for what they have achieved
- Access support to find a job at the end of the program
- Follow up support plus the opportunity to be matched to a mentor
- Guaranteed interview for open entry-level jobs